Just in time for the much awaited Singkaban Fiesta in Bulacan, SM City Marilao and SM City Baliwag is in quest for the best cook of Pancit Marilao and Pastillas dessert in their My City My SM My Cuisine cookout challenge.
This year, SM Supermalls is launching the second leg of its campaign with My City, My SM, My Cuisine, a project that aims to discover the country’s rich culinary heritage by identifying, collecting, retrieving, and promoting traditional recipes and culinary techniques.
My City, My SM, My Cuisine is consisting of a mall based event that will highlight Bulacan cuisine and the heirloom recipes of prominent personalities in the province, as well as a culinary contest featuring Pancit Marilao and Pastillas dessert.
Interested individual may join by following the contest mechanics:
1. SM shoppers can submit their recipes, which have been pre-selected from the provinces. (For Bulacan SM Malls: Pancit Marilao for main course / Any Pastillas Dessert for dessert).
2. Interested participants can email their version of the recipe together with their name, address and occupation at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Also you can submit these to the SM Corporate Office, or at SM City Marilao and SM City Baliwag Admin Office c/o Publicity Department. The recipes should be for a serving of six.
3. One entrée and one dessert are selected from each province, and contestants can submit either or both recipes.
4. Deadline for submission of entries is on August 12, 2011.
5. There will be a pre-judging, and a total of ten (10) finalists will compete in the cook out on September 8, 2011 in SM City Marilao – 5 for the entrée and 5 for the dessert.
6. Winners will be selected on the following criteria:
30% - Faithfulness to the original recipe or dish
40% - Taste
15% - Use of ingredients
15% - Presentation
7. There will be two (2) winners selected from each city, one for the entrée and one for the dessert. They will each receive P5,000 worth of SM GCs. Finalists will receive a gift pack from SM Homeworld.
Last year, SM Supermalls launched My City My SM, a project which highlighted pride of place through a print communications campaign. The project bagged the two awards namely the Philippine Quill Awards and the Anvil Awards for Merit PR Category.
The My City My SM My Cuisine is in partnership with the Information Officer of Bulacan Inc., Provincial Government of Bulacan, SM Homeworld and SM Hypermarket.